Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

writing life: Facebook and twitter

 Building an author's platform is especially important if one considers being an Indie author.  Even when seeking a publishing house, though, these days the stronger an author's platform, the more attractive s/he is to a publishing house.

An author's platform is a combination of social outlets working together to spread the news about what s/he is doing or what s/he cares about.

So, Facebook.... how I wish I didn't enjoy thee so...   It can be a bit of a black hole, right?  It is an important leg for the platform that is so very important for author/writers today.  Those who like my author page help me.  Liking and sharing what I post helps me.  Commenting on what I post helps me.  Weird, right?  But it does.

The same thing goes with Twitter.  In all honesty, I don't quite understand Twitter.  Lame-o, I know.  I've attempted to understand it, but I just don't.  I work hard to share stuff there.  Mostly I end up telling my followers about what's going on here or in YouTube.  Blog and YouTube are my main focus at this point.

They are all very important.  And I appreciate my followers, likers, and subscribers so much!

Have you liked, followed, and subscribed to my various outlets?  I hope you will!

No comments: