Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, January 30, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Beowulf by anonymous, a book review

I read Beowulf, an Old English poem (in book form), as a youth for English class in school.  It was one of the few assigned readings I really enjoyed.  The story of a warrior who overcomes a monster and becomes King.  Can't get more classic fantasy than that.

Although it can be a little difficult to understand the English of the story, it is well worth the effort to decode it!  Now, as I remember the class discussions about the book, I especially enjoyed the way my teacher spoke about the hero and shared the story for those who didn't take the time to understand the Old English.

Have you read Beowulf?  What did you think?

If you want to read more of my book reviews of classics, come back on the last Monday of each month.  February 27th my review is about Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.  Check it out and then come see what I think and tell me what you think in the comments!

No comments: