Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

my thoughts: on addictions

When I was a young whipper snapper, I thought addiction meant that someone used an illicit drug and couldn't control themselves. I may not have even known what illicit meant, but that's the gist of what I believed.

I have learned how wrong I was. Given what I've learned thus far, I imagine that I have yet more to learn that will undo at least some of what I believe I know now. But I don't know what I'll yet learn, all I can share is what I think now.

Basically, I've learned that addiction can take the form of almost anything. It can be a substance one imbibes or consumes. It can be an activity. It can be a thought pattern.

I have more thoughts to share on this subject, but I want to know what you think, too. What is addiction to you?

No comments: