Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Friday, January 6, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Ship of Dreams by Dean Morrissey, a book review

Morrissey, author and illustrator of Ship of Dreams, is an amazing artist! This book is full of beautiful and detailed oil paintings. Some painted created as early as 1990 with the latest finished in 1993.

In children's books, art is meant to tell the story in pictures and/or give details to clarify the words of the story. At least, that's what my children and I look for in picture books. Morrissey accomplishes this with his beautiful oil paintings.

The story grabbed my children's imagination. My boy, especially, loves the ship and the idea of flying around with the Sandman. He thought how the boy ended up on the ship was especially funny.

I like the story. I love the pictures.

Have you read this one? What did you think? If you read it after reading this, let me know what you think.

No comments: