Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Friday, May 5, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

twas the day after Mother's day A POEM

Twas the day after Mother's Day when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The children were all nestled in their spots with great care.
Not a bit of the mess did they touch, to my great despair.

The stuff they'd told me not a finger to lift
Was still where it was, left there for me through it to sift.

When I, only moments ago, felt well-rested and ready to go.
Now I once again faced a too well-known old foe.

Away from Peace my mind swiftly jumped
As my Mama-heart raced and angrily pumped.

My heart scrabbled and scraped as I yearned for the Peace
of yesterday's Mother's Day figurative feast.

Heart lost this battle as my voice sounded off
A banshee soon sounded, don't you dare sit and scoff.

My voice bellowed loudly as that anger ignited.
My children moved quickly, with that I was delighted.

No words could be formed, no words were needed,
The noises I made communicated and were heeded.

Tears streaked my face as I blubbered and blew
And my children quickly cleaned for they already knew.

That the gift they'd yesterday so graciously given and told me to rest
When it was only delayed work for me, was far from the best.

When I had calmed down, and staunched the flow of tears from my eyes,
My children approached me with sweet treats, hamburgers, and fries.

Peace slid right back into place in my heart
And slowly made its way to my mind, at least in a part.

This time the ending has smiles, it's true.
Hopefully next year there will not be a repeat to rue!

No comments: