Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, May 15, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Dangerous by Shannon Hale, a book review

Dangerous by Shannon Hale is an awesome sci-fi tale about a one-armed girl who saves the world. Because we homeschool, I particularly like that Masie and Luther are homeschooled, at least in the beginning. The story is engaging and interesting. I started it in the morning and finished it before I slept for the night.

This book is free of curse words, even to the extent of the main character (who is the narrator) bleeping out curse words of other characters. I like that very much.

There are a couple kissy scenes and one that goes farther than just kisses, but Masie stops things and basically explains why both to the reader and the boy she stops. I like this very much. Especially because she is presented as a very smart even intellectual character, so her reasons are real and factual.

My eldest daughter read this book a while back and since my second daughter is older now, I'll probably let her read it, too. I definitely like it and I'm sure she will since my first did.

Shannon Hale has a number of other published books. I've read a few (and will re-read to review) and have enjoyed every one of them. I do highly recommend Dangerous.

Have you read Dangerous by Shannon Hale? What did you think of it?

No comments: