Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, April 24, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Voices by Ursula K. LeGuin, a book review

Voices by Ursula K. LeGuin is a continuation of Orrec and Gry's story, but with the focus on a new character, Memer who is a result of rape and the daughter of a member of the strongest house in a war torn and sacked city.

This story covers a great many years quickly. It is interesting and packed full of history of this fictional people such that they seem to surely have exited somewhere that we could meet and talk with them. Orrec and Gry have been traveling seventeen years when they meet Memer. Orrec is now a story teller of great renown. Gry is still Gry. They still have the horses they left with and now also have a lion as their protector.

What happens in this story kept me reading through the night. I started this book one afternoon and finished it during the night. I will probably let my eldest daughter read it, but my second daughter will probably have to wait. Mostly because of the rape issue, but also because of the war situation in general.

I do recommend this book for middle age teens (level of maturation relatively high) and older. My second daughter is only ten, thus she will wait.

Have you read Voice by Ursula K. LeGuin? What did you think of it?

No comments: