Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Friday, December 23, 2016

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

The Grey Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima, a book review

Have you read The Grey Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima?  If you haven't yet, I hope you will consider it.  It is the third book in Chima's Seven Realms series and quite good.  Somehow I've missed the first of the series and started with the second.  I look forward to reading the first and fourth.

If you have read it, tell me what you thought of it!

Raisa, the main character and princess heir, continues her learning. Will she return to her mother and make claim on the Grey Wolf Throne?  Or will her efforts to become the next queen be foiled by her many enemies?

Wizards and spell casting make this series fit nicely within the fantasy genre.  Raisa has the gift of prophecy and sees the other wolf queens at specific times.  It's interesting to learn, very specifically, in this book when she sees the other queens.  In the previous book, their appearance was more alluded to than directly explained.  And since I haven't read the first, I'm not sure if she saw them then or not.

This series is meant for older youth and young adults.  I will not let my children read it until they are older.  The youth in the series have few if any problems with kissing just about anyone they meet and no problem with getting hot and heavy with numerous other youth.

No comments: