Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

my thoughts: on comfort zones

Comfort is such a sweet and wonderful word! I enjoy comfort, especially when it is accompanied by peace. I enjoy air conditioning because it is a sort of comfort. I enjoy a great many things simply because of their #comfort# factor.

As enticing and enjoyable as comfort is, by its very nature, it means things are pretty much the same as they have been. That's how things become comfortable… we are used to them.

When we keep doing what we've always done, we'll pretty much keep getting what we've always got. For the most part, this is comfortable.

Comfortable doesn't always equal good, even though it usually does mean easy. Easy isn't always (probably not even usually) good.

I have experienced a great deal of discomfort recently. Most of this, generally described and felt as a negative, has come as a result of making efforts to activate and run my Lilla Rose business. One particular event, though, was something I did because I'd been feeling like I should and since it seems I'm in a season of going outside my comfort zone, might as well add one more thing to the list of ways I'm stretching!

It's not easy. Nor is it enjoyable in the moment! Yet, as I consider what I've accomplished, I feel really good about it! Most of it would not have been possible if I'd simply continued doing what was easy for me.

So, here's to biting the bullet and stepping outside of my comfort zone some more!

Have you done anything that has required you to leave your comfort zone, lately? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: