Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, June 18, 2018

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

The Infernal Devices Book 2, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices Book 2, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare is an interesting Story. Somehow when I checked it out from my library, I didn't realize it was the second in a series. I think it would be even more interesting had I read Clockwork Angel! There are some references to it. I might go back and read it so I can better understand those, but right now my TO READ stack is pretty good relative to my time available for reading! So, we'll see.

I did like this book. There were not nearly so many inappropriate subject and scenes in this as in the other Clare book I read: The Dark Artifices, Lady Midnight. You can read my review of that book HERE. I was hoping to continue reading the Dark Artifices series because it is very interesting even though I wouldn't let my girls read it yet. However, my library seems not to have them, so I chose Clockwork Prince.

Although this book is significantly less troubling than the other, I have not given my girls permission to read it because there are more mature subjects and issues broached. And I believe it is my right and duty to shelter my children. One way I do this is to guide them in their reading choices so that they are not exposed to scenes that are troubling or overly sensitive or sexual in nature. Not because they don't know about the things presented therein, but because the presentation of information I have almost always exposed them to is significantly different when read from the point of view of a character. Therefore, I guide them to read fiction that is more suited to their age, maturity, and temperaments.

I did like this story and the next in this series is in my TO READ pile as I write this.

Have you read any of the books in the series: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare? How about Clockwork Prince? What did you think of any/all of them?


No comments: