Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, March 26, 2018

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

The Skeleton Coast a Novel of the Oregon Files by Clive Cussler and Jack DuBrul, a book review

Skeleton Coast by Clive Cussler and Jack DuBrul is another of the books given to us by one of my husband's coworkers. I guess either they really liked Clive Cussler or they were given lots of his books and passed them along.

Another book whose intended audience is probably guys… or seriously action loving ladies. It started with a bit more action than some, but still took a while for me to get into. The descriptions of guns, boats, and fight scenes are the main reasons I consider this more a guys sort of read.

It was interesting once I got into it. This is another example of a past incident tying into the modern events with which the novel predominantly deals. I do definitely like this aspect of Cussler's novels. It's maybe even a little fun to try to figure out how the historic event will tie into the modern ones.

This story seemed to have more gross parts than the others I've reviewed heretofore. I did not like that part of it at all and sorta skimmed through some parts of that nature. I prefer less description of blood and guts sorts of things. But I know guys often find that really interesting and even enjoyable… another reason I think this book's audience is intended to be fellas.

My children will not read this one. It is for adults because of the things I've listed above.

Have you read Skeleton Coast by Clive Cussler? What did you think of it?

No comments: