Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, March 19, 2018

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

The 13th Reality, the Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner, a book review

The 13th Reality, the Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner is the beginning of an interesting science fiction series. In it, we learn some real scientific terms that, perhaps, some are not familiar with pertaining to quantum physics. My eldest daughter, at 12, knows that I am fascinated by all things QP and recommended this book to me. I did enjoy it, but not as much as I expected based on her report. For me, the story was not very compelling until near the end. It took me a few days to read it. I do look forward to the next book in the series because of the end of this on.

In this story, Atticus Higginbottom becomes involved with attempting to solve a series of clues. At first, he tries to do it alone. Eventually, that changes. I do like that Tick chooses to trust and involve an important adult in his life. I also really like the realities premise of the story. I think most middle age readers would really enjoy it, as did my twelve year old. I would be happy to allow any of my children to read it.

Have you read The 13th Reality, the Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner? What did you think of it?

No comments: