Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Friday, September 23, 2016

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Michael Vey, The Prisoner of Cell 25, a book review


 Michael Vey is mentioned in at least the Cap'N Hugh "Strongback" Golly YouTube in which he reads When I Was a Chef, I Had a Pirate Crew.  If you've seen that and hadn't already read Michael Vey, maybe you followed the link included there and have already read the book which is the subject of this review.  If you found it through that YouTube, let me know!  If this is the first time you've heard of it, let me know that, too.  I love to know when I'm able to direct folks toward new and enjoyable reads!

This is an enjoyable read, for sure.  Michael Vey, The Prinsoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans.  I believe the author had youth around 15 or 16 years old and older in mind as his target audience when he wrote this book.  I did allow my eldest daughter to read it a few years ago when she was nine and didn't regret it.  Though the intended audience may be teenagers, I did enjoy it.

A story about youth who are burdened with extra-ordinary abilities, this first book in the series follows Michael Vey as he works to manage his powers while also figuring out how to free some people he loves.

It is well written and an easy read.  The chapters are often very short, which lends to the feeling of moving quickly through the story.  It is the first in a series.  The sixth of which will be available Fall of 2016.  My two eldest and I await the release of the sixth in the series with great anticipation.


No comments: