Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, November 27, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, a book review

A Winkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle could easily be considered a modern day youth classic. L'Engle was awarded the John Newberry Medal which honors distinguished contributions to American literature for youth. This definitely fulfills that description.

A girl and her little brother travel through space and time to resolve some problems that without positive resolution would result in the end of agency on earth and life on earth as we know it. This novel touches on the truths of The Mandelbrot Set and illustrates them beautifully without mentioning to Set at all.

I particularly like that the truth of difficulty in maintaining faith is portrayed. My eldest daughter (12) has read and loved it. My 10 year old daughter has begun and is excited to finish reading it. The eldest son of dear friends of ours wanted my children to read it and offered to let me borrow his set when I wasn't sure because it had been so many years since I read this particular book. I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to read the rest of the series, but now have read/reread them thanks to this friend. They are definitely worth the time spent reading (and later thinking about) them!

This book, A Wrinkle in Time, is a very interesting read and the first book in a series of very interesting reads! My girls and I highly recommend them and would love to hear what you think of them!


Have you read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle? What did you think of it?

No comments: