Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, October 23, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal, a book review

Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal is a story about an eccentric woman, her family, and her serving woman's family. I thought this story was about one person… the character first introduced and from whose perspective the story seems to be told in the beginning. The story telling perspective changes throughout the story, though.  Even so, it was done well, so it was easy to follow.

I especially enjoyed the past of the eccentric woman, which is revealed as the story progresses. She starts out as a great mystery. By the end of the book she is less a mystery and more a beloved lady, at least to me.

This was an enjoyable story that I felt drawn back to when I needed to leave it for other work. It is adult fiction and I will not allow my twelve and ten year old daughters to read it any time soon. There is definitely adult material contained within. Additionally there are a few curse words, about which I was very disappointed.


Have you read Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal? What did you think about it?

No comments: