Newsletter for All Pen Names

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, July 24, 2017

cope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'

Demon King a Seven Realms Novel by Cinda Williams Chima, a book review

Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima is an interesting beginning to the Seven Realms series in which Raisa is living in the castle with her mother and being trained to become the next Grey Queen. Han Alister is trying to stay off the street, on which he was once a leader of thieves, and support his mother and sister. This is the beginning of their story.

Since I read the second and third installments of this series before this first part of it, I found it perhaps less interesting in some ways and more interesting in others. Less because I already know what happens to the two main characters and between them. More because it's interesting to see how the author laid out the events that lead to what I've already read.

This series is full of mature content. I knew my girls would have to wait to read this first part of the series based on the second and third parts I've already read. That is the case. I do recommend the series to older teens and adults. I particularly enjoy the appearance of the wolves and the meaning of them and Raisa's ability to see them.

Have you read Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima? What did you think of it?

No comments: